Saturday, May 9, 2009

Loving this song right now

I'm a HUGE Rob Thomas fan. Huge. I loved his work in Matchbox Twenty, but now that he's gone solo I love his stuff even more. He just keeps getting better and better. There's his new one that has just been released "Her Diamonds". Now when I first heard it I thought, yeah that's quite a nice song. Then tonight I heard a snippet of an interview he had with a radio dj about that particular song. He actually wrote it a while ago for his wife, who has an Autoimmune disorder. She was going through a pretty rough debilitating day so he turned to music to express how he felt since he felt so helpless. Well now the song has so much more meaning every time I hear it. I didn't think of the personal melancholy behind it before I knew what it was about. Now I can't help but think about the meaning, and those who have to endure pain constantly.

Here's the song for those that want to listen to it. The film clip hasn't been released yet so I can't find a proper youtube video. But I have found this application - just go to the song in the list, then click on "Song Player" to play it. You can also view the lyrics by clicking on the Lyrics tab.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home